Book Trailer Contest
CALLING ALL BOOK LOVERS AND BUDDING FILM MAKERS!
Are you in Grade 4 and up?
Do you like to make movies?
Do you like books?
I’m holding a book trailer contest to celebrate the release of my new book, DAYS THAT END IN Y! Create a fun, short (no more than 2 minutes in length) video celebrating the Clarissa and Benji books and you could WIN!
Contest runs from October 1st 2012 to January 15th 2013. All video submissions must be received by January 15th.
One GRAND PRIZE WINNER and three RUNNERS UP will be announced on February 1st. All submissions will be judged by myself and members of the Scholastic Canada publicity team.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
1. The winning video will be revealed here on the blog as the OFFICIAL TRAILER. It will also be posted on the Scholastic Canada website.
2. I will visit the winner’s school to lead some writing workshops and personally thank the winner/winner’s class.
3. The winner will receive a prize pack from Scholastic Canada valued at $100.00.
4. The winner’s classroom and library will receive a signed set of my books (WORDS THAT START WITH B, LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD, and DAYS THAT END IN Y).
THREE RUNNERS UP:
1. These winning videos will also be posted on the blog.
2. Runners up will receive a prize pack from Scholastic Canada valued at $25.00
Ready to enter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
FOR TEACHERS AND LIBRARIANS
-Group and individual entries are eligible
-Great project for students in grades 4-8 studying media, digital literacy and integrated arts programs
-Excellent opportunity for lit groups, book clubs or reading circles
-Possibility of winning an author visit for your school AND books for the classroom and library!
First of all, get your hands on a copy of WORDS THAT START WITH B and LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD!
Click here to read an excerpt from WORDS THAT START WITH B
Click here to read an excerpt from LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD
-Check out some of the book trailers on the Scholastic youtube channel to get some ideas
-Think about your favourite movie trailers. What do you like about them? How can you apply these elements to a book trailer?
-Consider dramatizing your favourite scene from one of the books.
-Imagine a new or deleted scene from one of the books.
-Create a slideshow of images that remind you of the series, accompanied by a voice over of one of the characters.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Remember the sky’s the limit! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!